Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas Decor


Ok blogger fans......if you've been keeping up with our blog, you remember the post where I showed you all of our Fall decorations. And I thought to myself, Val, you've gotta do a sequel to this whole decor deal. So.... I am because I know you're dying to see what I've done!!! And because I'm so obsessed with this time of year it would be stupid not to!! Now, please remember that me and Scotty are poor newlyweds (of a little over a year!!) and have no money to do a lot. I think it will be neat to hafta say, "I remember when we were just starting out and had nothing and had to walk to school barefoot in the snow uphill both ways!!" Blah Blah Blah, you know the spill. I think we've all heard some form of that from our grandparents!! But it's my goal to add to this each year and eventually have amazing Christmas decorations!!!


We call this our Charlie Brown Christmas Tree. But we love it and will probably use it for a long time, even if we get a new tree!! There's nothing wrong with having more than one!!


Here is our Christmas table!! There's nothing like eating at a beautifully set table!!


Are you saying you can't believe we have these stockings?? Well believe it cause they're a'hangin on that mantle!!! It's a good thing we have a double fireplace!! And this is Scotty's side!
And this is my side!! I think this mantle is what I'm the most proud of!!! The picture doesn't do it justice.


My Granny painted this Nativity scene for me and I've put it out every year since I can remember. It's gorgeous!!


Yes, that's a 4 foot singing Santa you see there. And he dances. The arch is Scotty's favorite decoration in the house!!


Here's our small collection of Nutcrackers!!!

Last year was our first Christmas as a married couple and we decided that one of our traditions would be to buy a new Christmas book every year and read it either on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning. And this book kicked off our tradition!!


You can't really say you're a Christmas fanatic unless you have Christmas tree in your bathroom!!
If you sprinkle when you tinkle, please don't do it on my Santa!!



We love being greeted by Frosty everyday!!


I have the cutest mailbox. Hands down!!

Now, while this segment is on MY Christmas decorations, I just had to share this house with you. It belongs to our friends Ashley and Jennifer Harris. Talk about sharing an obsession for Christmas!! Every time we are around each other we're always gabbing about our holiday decor!!! If this doesn't inspire you to put up a few lights, then you're crazy!!! I love, love, love their lights and I think these are the most beautiful in all of Tupelo!!! What an inspiration!!Merry Christmas!!

No comments: