Thursday, June 17, 2010

Mother's Day

We got back from Gatlinburg the day before Mother's Day so we kept things kinda low key around here!! But Scotty couldn't let my day slip by without breakfast at Cracker Barrel!! Isn't he great? Then after that we went to Wal-mart to get a vacuum cleaner for our apartment. Him and Tanner also gave me a sweet, sweet card and a happy. For dinner we ate at McAlister's which is another one of my favorite spots!! 2 in 1 day!! Doesn't get much better than that!!
I've been blessed with the greatest family in the world and nothing makes me happier than being Tanner's mom. He's so sweet and very affectionate. I live for hugs and kisses from him and each day I feel like we grow closer and closer. We spend every day together and I'm having the best time of my life!! Being a parent is such a fun job when you've got a son as great as Tanner. And having a supportive husband who wants me to be able to stay at home helps too!!
I could never put into words how much I love Tanner so I won't even try, but I'm so thankful that God gave him to me and Scotty. He has changed our world and the joy he brings to our lives is immeasurable. We prayed for Tanner even before he was born, but had no idea the blessing he would turn out to be. Psalm 127 says that children are a reward from the Lord. I'm not sure what we did to deserve such an awesome gift, but we're so glad God gave!!








No comments: