Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving is the time of year when you get together with friends and family and think about what you're the most thankful for. We really should have that mindset all year long, but since we get so busy with everyday life, it's good that we get to set aside 1 day out of the 365!! We were able to come home for Thanksgiving, but it was bittersweet because this was the first time we haven't lived in Jackson during the holidays. Even though we didn't get to see all of our friends and family this time around, we are so thankful for each and every one of you and the roles you play in our lives. We are so blessed to have you.
And now that I've had time to sit on my sappy soap box, let me just tell you about all the fun we had this Thanksgiving!! It was Mr. Robert and Mrs. Betty's turn to keep us so we drove in on Wednesday and ate with Scotty's family. There are so many people when we get together (with just immediate family) that I think we're gonna hafta start having a Davis Roll Call at all our outings. On Thanksgiving Day we ate lunch at Mom and Dad's and dinner at MawMaw's. Amanda and Bradley were the only ones on either side that went shopping on Black Friday and the rest of us just watched Football. Me and Mrs. Betty put together our gingerbread house and Mom and Dad rounded up all the Christmas decorations. We had Mr. Robert's birthday supper that night and I hung out with Uncle Elton and Aunt Bobby for a few hours before it was time to eat. Saturday we went to Mom and Dad's and decorated for Christmas (and of course watched more football). We left from there and headed back home so Scotty could work the night shift in the E.R. Yuck!! All in all, it was jam packed, but so much fun!!!
We ate so much food we were miserable. Before Scotty met me, he had never seen so many casseroles at any one family function!! But even though we had all these casseroles to feast on, Tom Turkey was our Guest of Honor!!

Look at these beautiful Davis faces!!


When me and Mrs. Betty made our Gingerbread House, my first job was to mix the icing. It was my first time with a mixer!!


We took our handiwork very seriously.

But we did make time for a snapshot!! Since Mrs. Betty is so good at decorating cakes, she was in charge of all the icing and I put on the candy.

And this is our finished product. If a Gingerbread House doesn't put you in the Christmas Spirit, then you're worse than the Grinch!!


This is the ornament that always kicks off the holidays in the Sellers house. This is my dad's favorite ornament. It's older than he is and he has always put this ornament on first ever since he was little.


And to this day, it's still the first ornament to go on the tree.



And after that ornament goes on, we dive in to put the rest of the ornaments on the tree.

You can't just put your ornament anywhere. It takes a lot of thought and contemplation.

My sister did everything she could to look like a reindeer!!


In the midst of all the hustel and bustle, Edie was perfectly content with her bone.

Needless to say, my parents consider Scotty a gift!!


We had a great time in Jackson. We definitely have the best family and friends ever. We hope you all have a wonderful holiday season. So, from our blog to yours, Happy Thanksgiving!!

2 comments:

Angie said...

I'm a fan of all the casseroles, too! I think we're going to be decking the halls for Christmas around here this week!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Val....you are freakin HILARIOUS!!!!!!! I get so excited when I check your blog and there is a new post!!! Your blog is the highlight of my day. I can't wait to see ya'll at Christmas!