Sunday, November 25, 2007

You're Lookin' At the Newest Member of SAWA

See that girl in the cute little polka dot apron?? Well that's me!! And I'm the newest member of the Tupelo Salvation Army Women's Association aka SAWA (pronounced Say-wa). They do service projects like the Angel Tree and Empty Bowl (feeding the homeless). It's really a great organization with lots of great members.


The first project that I participated in was making dressing!! And these ladies were so excited that I had never done this before!!! They were such great teachers!! I think it's so funny because eversince I've known Scotty, I'm usually the youngest anywhere we go, no matter who we hang out with (which I'm not complaining!!) and this SAWA crowd is no different!! We have 2 other members who they call "young" but they're all young at heart!! These ladies are so sweet and so much fun to hang out with!! They really make you feel good and that they are so glad to have you around!!


Since we were making dressing for so many people, we had to mix it up in huge containers. You can't be afraid to get dirty!! You gotta really dig in and go all the way to the bottom of the container so all the ingredients get meshed together!!! I'll have you know that this SAWA girl was in no way, shape or form scared to get dirty!! I had dressing all the way up to my elbows!!

We slaved over this stuff all morning!!


In the end, the slaving was all worth it!! I've never seen so much dressing in my life!! And there's probably not a building that has ever smelled better!!


I forgot to mention the person who deserves all the credit for getting me involved in SAWA!! My friend Ashleigh!!! I was at her house one night just chit chatting away and she told me she had this meeting to go to and that I should come with her!! And so I did!! The rest is history!! All props go to her!! I'm so upset though because I didn't even get a picture with her!!! Ashleigh, I know you're reading this!! We need a pic girlie!!!

1 comment:

Angie said...

You are too funny! How 'bout you bring dressing to our next get-together?! :) I think I saw a little sliver of Ashleigh's head in one of the pics. We missed you at poker night. Hope you got that Christmas shopping done!