Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Making Window Treatments

When we moved to Tupelo I immediately started looking for fabric to make window treatments with. I got lucky and found some after being here only a few months. We've put off making them because I didn't have a sewing machine. Even if I'd had one I wouldn't have known how to use it!! So Mom, Dad and Amanda came up for the 4th of July when Scotty was on call and helped me make them and then came back the next weekend to help us finish up and hang them!! Actually, it really ended up being more my Mom that made them and I just watched!! But I think she did and great job and me and Scotty are so pleased with the way they turned out!!

Here we are taking some measurements.


I took a turn trying out the sewing machine. I liked it a lot, but I'm nowhere as good as Mom!!




Scotty came home from work and was really pumped up about all the progress we'd made!!

Amanda took a little break from all the hard work!!

Here's Dad just hanging away!!

Stay tuned for before and after pictures!! I think you'll be amazed with what we've done!!

1 comment:

Ash and Toby said...

Your curtains are beautiful!! Do you think your mom will make some for us?? Just Kiddin'

Smashleigh