Saturday, August 15, 2009

Block Party

I love, love, love, my neighbors!! I really do feel like God led us to this house, because we have made some of the best friends just by walking out of our front door!! We're all so close and we look out for each other just like a little family!! And almost every single night all the girls go outside for our "6:00 meeting" and we chit chat while all our kids play!! We always have such a good time that we decided to have a block party!! Because, obviously, we needed even more time together!! Lucky for the guys they were invited!! Lucky for us they were there because we got to eat!! Everybody pulled their grills to the end of the cul de sac to cook out!!

The NRC Posse - Nichole, Sara, Me, Narnie (Mrs. Candy), Tiffany, Krista, & Ginger

The Boys - Tanner, Scotty, Jonathan, Andrew, Jackson, Jason, Jim, Christian, Carter, & David

Nichole brought watermelon that she'd cut up to the block party and wanted to know if Tanner wanted some!! He'd never had any before so we gave him some to see what he'd do!! The look on his face says it all..."Mom, are you sure about this?"


You obviously didn't hafta twist his arm!! He dove right in and enjoyed every bite!!


Our family


Ginger has a little white dog named Cotton. Tanner was playing at her house one day and "Con" (Cotton) became one of the first words in his vocabulary!! He loves "Con"!!




And this is Narnie (Mrs. Candy). We love her so much!! She's so good to all of us, but especially Tanner!! That's her "boyfriend"!! She's got lots of little boyfriends on our cul de sac!! She's always passing out popsicles to the kids!! When Tanner needs "help" eating his, I've always got his back!! Yummy!! (P.S. - the Mt. Dew ones are the best!!) Her grandson, Brandon, gave her the name Narnie so that's what Tanner calls her!!

Krista is my inspiration to let Tanner "cry it out"!! Eventhough I haven't gotten my nerve up yet, she's always there to give me a pep talk!! Preesh!! No more crashin' jewelry parties for us!!


Tiffany is the reason my plants don't look like weeds!! She's so got a green thumb!! I love our little chit chats!!



Tanner with the big boys!!

Nichole is just great!! That's all I can say!! She's such a great friend and she loves Tanner so much!! I can't thank her enough for all she's done for us!! We always have so much fun with her and Tanner loves her too!! He's extremely comfortable with his "Aunt" Nichole!!

1 comment:

Stephanie Steed said...

Cute shirt, valerie. We just started letting Coleson cry it out when we put him down for a nap and bedtime. It only last 5 minutes and he is out. I have to keep myself occupied while he is crying but it gets easier. I have nut had to try the middle of the night crying. That one may get me. Glad to see y'all are doing good.