Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Solitary Confinement








Now that Tanner gets around so well it's really hard to get things done around the house because he never stays in one place very long. I had a moment of insanity (that lasted about 5 minutes) and thought about just letting the house go!! No cleaning, no laundry, nothing!! I thought to myself, "Who could blame you? You've got a baby for Heaven's sake!!" Then....I regained my composure and pushed through!! I told Scotty that I was overwhelmed and couldn't do it all. His solution? A play yard. Simple enough. Then he showed me what a play yard was and I was like, "Absolutely not!! I can't do that to Tanner!! I need to play with him, teach him, interact with him!! Not leave him in this cage just so I can return to the domestic goddess that I used to be!!" So, I dug in deep and decided I can do this! Then a few days later reality set in, I caved, and we went to Walmart and bought the play yard. Wondering what I think about it? O MY GOSH!!! I LOVE IT!!! Go get one, especially if you don't have family around to help out here and there!! I can get stuff done so fast and Tanner really enjoys it. He'll sit in there and play with his toys and books and he's just content. And he needs that time so he can be independent. Scotty gets complete credit for this play yard because I wouldn't have chosen this, but it's a lifesaver!! We use it for Edie too when we're gone so she doesn't have an accident in the house!!

1 comment:

Ash and Toby said...

Great idea!!Koodos Scott!! I just LOVE the 1st picture!! He looks sooo cute in there!!