Saturday, July 3, 2010

Apartment Living

Here's a few pictures I took over the couple of months we were in the apartment. Apartment living was different, but we had a blast and made some really great memories!!


We bought a fireproof box and Tanner loved to stand on it while he watched TV.

Sweet Boy started sleeping in his toddler bed. We kept it beside our bed for when he needed us in the middle of the night. He loves that "Eh-mo" (Elmo) is on his bedding and it encourages him to be in his own bed. Eventhough sleep is an issue for us, this is a start. I just thank the Lord for the times when he looks this peaceful.
We discovered bath markers!!!

This night he was trying to go to sleep and after what seemed like hours of tossing and turning, he opened his eyes and stuck out his hand for me to hold, then drifted off to sleep. It's times like these when I love being a mother the most...when I'm able to give him immediate comfort and security.


Some may gasp at the fact that I was letting him jump on the bed, but sometimes you just hafta live in the moment!!

I know this one's blurry, but it's the only one of these I had and I HAD to include it!! Tanner started asking for hugs all the time and it was soooo sweet!! And for some reason he wanted one every time he was on the changing table. He would say, " A hug, a hug!!" and then he would squeeze me really tight and we'd look in the mirror and laugh!!
I'm not really sure what he's cutting his eyes at, but he kinda looks mischievous!!


One night when Scotty was on call we decided to have a picnic on the floor of the apartment. We'd had a long day at the pool and worked up quite an appetite. We ate left-overs and watched The Rescuers. Good times!!
Tanner loves making tents so we draped a blanket over the recliner and he crawled inside to read a few books!!

What a handsome fella!!


Daddy made Tanner a tent with the chairs!!





And the swimming pool.... This was his all-time favorite spot!! I've never seen a kid love the water so much!!

He loved to climb up on the back of the sofa to sit and watch TV!!
Leave it to Tanner to turn a grocery cart into a car!!

Standing on the fireproof box again!!


This is one of my MOST favorite pictures of Tanner. Trying to be just like Daddy!!


Hyper!!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Sweet, sweet boy!!!

Ashleigh said...

Precious little man!!