Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Big Boy Potty

Well, well, well....Look at who's a big boy!! Yes we're potty training!!! I'll keep you updated on how it goes, but I'm so proud of him!! I started wondering a while back if he was ready because he could hold his bladder all night. Then a while after that he would start to tell me when he had a dirty diaper. I didn't rush things or try to push the potty on him. I've read that if you potty train too early and they have a bad experience, it just does more damage and takes longer in the end. So we went to Wal-mart, got a potty, and made it a really fun, big deal!! We took it in our room just to show it to him and let him sit on it. Had no idea he'd actually use it for the first time!!! So glad we had the video camera!! Soooo....I know these pictures are a total invasion of his privacy and there will definitely be payback down the road but....you know me!! Camera in hand - I just had to share!!!!
Sitting on the Big Boy Potty!!


I'm not sure he knew what to think when he heard the sound of tinkling!!!
Now everytime he goes he says, "Wook, Mama!! I tee-tee da big boy potty!!!" He's so proud of himself and I am too!! The first few days of pottying he would wanna call Granna everytime and tell her!! It's really hit or miss each day...sometimes he only goes in the morning and somedays he doesn't go at all, and we haven't even attempted #2!!! But I'm just letting him take the lead. They're only little once and he'll do it when he's ready. So for now I'm still on diaper duty!!! But I don't mind!!

No comments: