Friday, February 25, 2011

Christmas 2010...Finally

I thought I would never get these Christmas pictures on the blog, but I finally made it!! Whew!! I take a LOT of pics, but I just can't help it!!! I know one day I'll look back and be glad I just kept snappin' away!! So here's our Christmas 2010!!
Since we hosted Christmas at our house this year, I woke up early to get some things done before Scotty & Tanner woke up and when I came into the living room I found all these gifts from Santa and just knew Tanner would be so excited when he woke up!! ;)


Santa ate almost all the cookies we left and drank almost all of his milk!! He even left a note for Tanner beside the goodies!!

I don't have a picture of Tanner running into the living room because I was filming with the video camera, but the first thing Tanner saw was the tool set Santa left!! He was in such awe that it was difficult to get him to open the next gifts!!

Daddy stepped in to help while Tanner used his new tools to open the rest of his packages!!

Then it was my turn to help!!
He did a lot of moving around while he opened presents!!
This is out of order, but here's me and Scotty exchanging our presents (or so I thought...keep reading to find out more!!)






After Tanner had opened everything from Santa we started moving all of his new toys to the playroom and Scotty told me to put the legos and Lincoln Logs in this small closet so Tanner could reach them. Keep in mind that we'd already "exchanged gifts" and I thought I got a Belk gift card!! So I opened the door and found this little package!!! Scotty said Santa forgot one thing....

My KITCHENAID MIXER!!!!! Omg!! I was soooooo excited!! That sly little husband of mine had snuck upstairs and hidden that thing without me knowing!! How sweet!! Thanks, Hubs!!

Not long after that, family started to arrive and the festivities began!! Can I just say that I LOVE hosting Christmas? Well, I do!!
It took me and Dad both to open the Peppermint dip!!
There's always a video camera when Dad's around so ya better watch what you say!!

Me & Sister

Cute Granny!!

More presents!!
Tanner jumps all the time....as in rarely does he walk!!! So Granna & Pa got him the perfect gift: A Trampoline!! Did I mention that Scotty put it together in our living room and it's still there?



My cousin Dana always makes the turkey so she brought over the wish-bone for Tanner & Dawson to pull!! How cute is that!!



Tanner takes a nap everyday (Thank you, Jesus!!) and Christmas was just overloaded with people, and presents, and food, and fun and he stayed up and stayed up and stayed up until he just could barely hold his eyes open. He got in his rocking chair and leaned over on his Christmas pillow. I thought, "Bless his heart, he's worn out."

Then he opened his eyes and asked me to cover him up and laid his head back down. So I covered him up and I guess he could feel people watching him sleep and realized he could be the center of attention if he wanted to. So that was enough to give him a second wind!! He was up and went all day without a nap!!!
And then another time I thought he was gonna go to sleep when he crawled up on the ottoman to lay down, but he never went to sleep.

Dawson, Tanner & Danae - Tanner loves his cousins!!!


Tanner & Da

Here's my cousin, Judy, helping Tanner with a gift. He's got this whole eat-candy-while-you-unwrap thing down pretty well!!!


Me & Judy got each other the same exact thing this year!! Hilarious!!!

Don't forget this one!!!

After lunch we went over to Scotty's mom's house for Christmas dinner!!
Heather & Miller Bob

More presents!! Yay!!! Just so you know...we did teach him the real meaning of Christmas!! We would ask, "Tanner, what is Christmas?" and he would respond, "Jesus' Birthday!!"

Tanner & Uncle Todd


I think he had more fun jumping in all the paper!!

PopPop needed an extra hand and Tanner was more than willing to step up to the plate!!
Sneaky, Sneaky!! If Tanner disappeared you could always find him by the candy tray!!


The Girls - Heather, Me, Granny, Kristen & Betty Sue

Here's Mimi with all her babies - Bryson, Tanner, Miller, Peyton, & Keely
Those crazy brothers!! I don't know why PopPop wasn't in this picture!! He probably knew better!!
Todd, Scotty, Brad, & Adam

I told you they were nuts!!

The whole Davis Crew - Wow we're big!!


The next day we finished opening Daddy's gifts!!


Until Next Year....

1 comment:

Heather Wood said...

O! I'm loving all your Christmas post. LOVE LOVE LOVE your Christmas tree. I'm going to need you to help me with mine this year, please. Tanner is growing so much and SO stinking cute. I miss him so much. You guys have no idea how much you are missed in Tupelo. I need you to come back so I have someone to rant to everyday about my husband or whoever else put me on a soapbox for the day! :) Hope all is well in Terry, MS. I will give you a call next time we head south. I can't wait to see what all you have done with your AWESOME house.