Friday, July 8, 2011

Pictures From Mother's Day

I know I already did a Mother's Day post to Tanner, but here are the pictures from my day!! P.S.- This is also the day we told our Baby news!!!

Before church, we got up early so I could open my happies!! And I had a very big helper!!




After church we stopped back by our house for a quick outside pic and to grab the presents for our moms!!

We met my family in Clinton to eat at Takara. Little did we know, we were in for a bit of drama!! They sat us at one of the hibachi tables and took our drink order. Tanner could barely keep his eyes open (as shown in the above photo) so I ran him to the bathroom just in case he fell asleep. An accident while sleeping in big boy underwear is fun for neither the potty trainer or trainee!! So when we come back, the waitress is asking us to get up because they "forgot" they had a reservation for 16 and needed to seat THEM instead of us!!!! The people beside us said they were NOT getting up, but we graciously choked down our pride and gave up the table. As I was walking to the door (through our embarrassment) anger swelled up within me. It was uncontrollable - remember I was newly pregnant and had no control over this!! When the hostess asked where we were going I let her have it!! And then the waitress came over to defend her side of the story!!! I threw manners, grace, class and caution to the wind and matter-of-factly told her the goof up on the reservation was not our problem and she should've thought that through before she sat us AND took our drink order and that we were very dissatisfied customers who would never step foot in there establishment again and we would happily take our business elsewhere!!!! After Scotty picked his jaw up off their floor all he could say was, "Wow!! You just ate her lunch!!" To which I replied, "Well if she'd given me mine, I wouldn't have had to eat hers!!" So we left and went to eat BBQ at Sonny's!!!

Tanner had fallen asleep at Sonny's so we went back to hang out at Mom & Dad's and after he woke up we gave Mom her gifts. That's how we told them: We gave Mom a new mat and I attached a little note to it saying, "It's time to roll out the welcome mat for Baby #2!!" They were all so shocked and excited!!

After that we headed over to Scotty's parents to drop the Baby bomb on them!! We couldn't fit it in anywhere so he announced that he would say the blessing before we ate. I got out the video camera (which some thought was weird at first) and Scotty said, "Dear Lord, Thank you for today and all our Moms. Please especially be with Valerie as she's pregnant with #2..." and he tried to keep going, but you couldn't hear him anymore through all the screams coming from all our family!!! They were so excited and could NOT believe they didn't see it coming!! I didn't take any pictures because I really wanted it on video!! So I didn't even get a picture of Scotty and his mom =(
But here's one last one of me and Scotticus!! Thanks for giving me such a great Mother's Day and making me feel so special!!

No comments: