Monday, July 4, 2011

Little Chef

Tanner is such a little helper and one of his favorite places to be is in the kitchen!! He loves to cook with me!! In fact he helps me so much that I went to a flea market, bought a chair, painted it, and now it stays in our kitchen and he calls it his cookin' chair!! He pulls it up to the island and just whips up some really delicious meals!!! So here are some fun times in the kitchen!!

Last November we started learning to make homemade apple pies from scratch. I had the apples peeled so when he woke up from his nap he could help me. He climbed in his cooking chair and told me he needed to eat an apple pie and that's just what he did!!

We weren't focused on making it look pretty just yet....we were more concerned with the taste. It doesn't look all that great, but I must say it was delish!! And Tanner got the star cookie cutter and cut out the vent in the middle!!

Our next recipe was a frosted lemon pudding cake. Super easy...thanks, Mimi!!

A good cook always does a taste test as he goes along!! And we did wash our hands before getting started!!


In April we got some fresh snap beans from the grocery store and he had so much fun just snappin' away!! My Memaw & Granddaddy always had a garden growing up and this was some of my earliest and best memories...snapping beans from their garden.

These are kinda out of order, but last December we had homemade pizza night. Tanner loved this because it's such a hands on dish!! Here's our pepperoni:


He cleans as he goes!!

Pizza makin' is serious business!!! And here's our BBQ chicken pizza:


He also loves just making flour concoctions!!
Be on the look-out for more of our cooking sessions!!

1 comment:

Haritha said...

all cute pictures!!!!!such a good boy:)