Wednesday, October 31, 2007

It's Over!!!


When we decided that Scotty would do his residency in Tupelo, one of the program requirements was that he would have to do his pediatric rotation in Memphis at LeBonheur Children's Medical Center. For the longest time we didn't know what month we would have to go so it was really easy to be in denial about the whole thing and just not think about it. I remember the exact moment Scotty told me it would be October. I was on my way home from work and he called and told me. I cried 3 different times about it that night.
We were so sad because October is full of so many fun things: My Birthday (4th), the Fair (around the same time), Our Anniversary (21st), and Halloween. I just knew we were gonna miss out on everything or not be together on those special days. We dreaded this for so long. He would only get 4 days off the entire month so we were really worried. To keep me from being lonely and because Memphis isn't the safest place, we decided that since I wasn't working I would go back to Jackson and hang out with family and we would meet up on his days off. The day we had to leave each other was horrible. I was crying so hard I could barely even see to drive. He stopped with me at the gas station on the way out of town so we could fill up. When we were leaving he was in front. The traffic was really heavy and he pulled out and scurried under the stop light as it was turning red. I was on the phone with my mom, still sitting at the gas station, balling my eyes out and I said, "He got to go under the light and I didn't!!" I was so upset that we had gotten separated. I can look back now and laugh, but it was NOT funny at the time.

I went back to Jackson for a few days and then me and Scotty were able to meet in Tupelo for my Birthday. We decided that we didn't want to be away from each other like that any more so I went back to Jackson to finish up some birthday celebrating with our families and then headed up to Memphis and stayed up there with him for most of the month.

Me & Ashley (guy on the far left) have the same birthday so when me & Scotty went to Tupelo we all met up to celebrate together.
Dip 'n Dots is my favorite icecream in the whole world, so Scotty got me a Dip 'n Dots Cake and it was amazing!! Best cake ever!!!

This is my birthday party with my family.

Which me & my cousin Judy are real pumped up about.




This is my birthday with Scotty's family. Scotty said that since he couldn't be there he wanted me to call him when they sang "Happy Birthday" so he could be a part of the fun too.



Our time in Memphis was completely horrible because we got to stay with our fabulous friends Blakley and Jake. Blakey is doing her Residency at LeBonheur so she took great care of us. We love you, Blakley!!! Another good friend David let us stay a week with him too, but he was out of town so we didn't get a pic with him, but we love him too!!
Eventhough Scotty was eventually appreciative of the the knowledge he gained from his month at LeBonheur, we were so excited when we were able to drive away for good.

1 comment:

Angie said...

I'm so jealous that y'all are DONE!!!