Thursday, July 9, 2009

Curb Appeal

Each year we've added a little here and there to the outside of our house, but this year we decided we really needed a little something extra!! Every time we would weed the flower beds it would take us forever because of our stinkin' Bermuda grass!! I hate that stuff!! I wanna Round Up our whole yard!! Anyway....we decide that we needed a barrier so we agreed to get some rocks to line the beds!! Now, Scotty is very dedicated to his job and it requires a lot of him. I'm so proud of how hard he works, but because he's been soooo busy, all the "we's" above really meant "me's"!! Let me just tell ya...if you've got some pent up anger just yank out your Bermuda!!

So here's how the story went: I was in the flower bed weeding and me and Scotty were in mid-discussion about the barrier when he had to go inside and take care of Tanner. While he was gone I just dug my heels in and made a trench around our flower bed. I was almost finished when he came out and saw all my progress and had a melt down. His idea of barrier was visquine and my idea was rocks!! So that was a little hitch in our get up but it all worked out in the end!! Our neighbors Nichole and Jonathan used to do landscaping so we called them over to help with our dilemma (actually they did lots of reassuring Scotty!!) And then the next day while Scotty was at work, Nichole helped me with the rocks!!

We loaded up the rocks in Nichole's Tahoe!! Tanner loved to stand up while we were riding around the rock yard!!


He took a nap while most of the dirty work was goin' on, but I put him in the Exersaucer to get the job finished!! Most of the time Tanner terrorizes Edie, but they're best friends when he's got food to share!!


Me & Nichole had to take a short break for a picture!! Who said this was man's work?


I love how the rocks looked when we got finished and thankfully Scotty was pleased when he got home from work!! I think we'll be taking lots of cute pictures on these rocks!!

4 comments:

Angie said...

They look great! I love it!!

On a totally different note, the "word verification" below is asking me to type 'asholes'--- he he! Does that remind you of the baby in "Meet the Fockers, or what?!

Ash and Toby said...

Wow! Will you come work in my yard? I LOVE the rocks!! Looks like Tanner did a great job helping!
Glad to see Edie!

Amy Gammel said...

That looks great! You did such a good job.

K said...

I love the rocks and was very impressed with the job you two did!