Monday, December 5, 2011

Scotty's 31st Birthday

On August 1, Scotty turned 31. Last year (when he turned the big 3-0) he probably had the worst birthday ever!!!! All 3 of us were sick so there was very little celebrating going on. I barely got him a cake, in fact, his mother may have done that....don't really remember. Then the day after his birthday, he started his new job with a thrown out back. Needless to say, this year I felt like we needed to do a little better with his birthday festivities!!! So hopefully, this year, the greatest hubby ever had a much better birthday!!
July 31, we were all at his Mom's house celebrating. The family is getting so big, we're really having to combine birthdays. Scotty's was the 1st and Peyton's was the 5th so here they are with their cake!!


A little brotherly love!!


Tanner loves a party and would not calm down for a picture, so this is what we got!!


The man I am married to is the WORST person to buy gifts for. He really doesn't want a whole lot to begin with, but he's very picky. He also has a 6th sense about gifts and no matter what you get him and how big of a secret you keep...he ALWAYS knows what you bought. Makes me sick sometimes!! But he'd been wanting an Xbox for a long time soooo that was my plan. He'll never pull the trigger on a big purchase, so most of the time I hafta do it for him. I waited until the last minute to buy it so I could keep him from checking our bank account (bc a huge purchase from Best Buy would've been a total giveaway!!). Then came the fun part - wrapping!! Here he is with totally no clue what's in that huge box.....


Bc it was just another box!!!!

And another...

He's gonna kill me for posting this picture, but this is what his reaction was so I thought it was worth sharing!!! He's saying, "I told you not to do this!!!" Hahahahaha!! Totally fooled him!!! And it felt great!!!

Seconds later he was super excited!!!

Just thought I would share my thoughtful little notes attached to each package!!

The next day was Scotty's actual birthday and we met him at Subway for lunch and surprised him with cupcakes from Melanie's!!

Then later that night his parents kept Tanner while we went for dinner at P.F. Chang's!! It was so yummy!!

It was me & Scotty, Aaron & Jennifer, Adam & Kristen, Brad & Heather, Todd & Lauren, and Marc & Summer.

I had gotten strawberry pies for dessert (that's Scotty's fave) but dessert came with our meal. It worked out good bc Tanner had been talking all day about how he wanted to eat pie with Daddy. We were gonna save them a piece to split, no matter what, but this way, they had 2 whole pies!!


Holding Tanner down and force feeding him cool whip!!

Then Daddy opened his other presents when we got back home with a little help from his number 1 fan!!!

Earlier in the day, we made Scotty a sign that we hung on the fireplace. He was very surprised when he walked through the door!!! We love Scotty so much and hope he had a very
special 31st Birthday!! He deserved it!!

1 comment:

Mei said...

I will remember your methods for my husband's birthday! It would be a perfect way to return the torture he gave me this Christmas! lol