Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tanner's 1st Day at Hillcrest

On August 8th, Tanner started his first day at Hillcrest Christian School. We enrolled him in the K3 Program there and he absolutely loves it. He goes everyday from 8 -11:30. My sister and I both started at Hillcrest when we were in kindergarten and stayed all the way through 12th grade. Scotty's mom works in the library part time so she gets to run down the hall 2 days a week and see him. Tanner's got some HCS roots on both sides so it just seems natural that he would go there. We've had a really great experience so far and we're very happy with our decision to send him there. Now don't get me wrong. It's kinda been hard for me....after all, he is only 3!!! I love having him at home with me so it's hard some days to drop him off. It's taken some getting used to. Before, everything he learned, he learned from me. Now, he comes home with all this new knowledge and I kinda feel like an outsider some days. But this truly is the best thing for him. He's made so many sweet friends and has an amazing teacher!! I'm not a teacher so he's learning things I wouldn't even know to teach him or to do with him. It also gives me a chance to go to the grocery store alone, get things done around the house each morning, and it'll be great when Annie Kate gets here. But there are days that I just say to myself, "He's not going today." And I keep him at home and we have a day just us!! Those are my favorite!! So here's pictures from my sweet boy's first day of K3!!

Here he is all snug in his bed. Getting ready to wake him up!!

Slowly, but surely he wallowed out of bed.

Then we moved to the couch so he could watch a show while I fixed his breakfast. He was a little chilly so he said, "Wrap me around." That means he wanted to be snuggled up in the blanket!!

He picked "wolf eggs and beef" for breakfast. Translation: eggs and bacon. Not really sure where he got wolf eggs and beef, but that's just what he calls it!!

Picture with Daddy.

Picture with Mommy.

Here he is with his backpack all ready and excited to go!!

And one more right before we walked inside!! I love this sweet little guy!!

1 comment:

Mandrole e Caramello said...

Awww, he's so cute...! I think that photos like these are the kind of things that I would see on the News :)
If you wanna cook something of delicious to your little son, you can visit our blog about cooking, italian recipes ;)
Good bye by Giulia and Valerio, from Rome
ps very nice blog!