Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Block Party

On the last night in our house we got together with all of our neighbors for one last block party for the NRC Posse!! This move has been really emotional for me, but one of the toughest things to do was leave my friends. You're neighbors will make you or break you....especially when houses are only 3 feet apart like they are in Northridge!!! And we were so blessed to be smack dab in the middle of some of the greatest people in Tupelo. You couldn't ask for better neighbors...and we'll never find any like this again....we already decided we're not even gonna try cause it won't happen!!!! It would take me forever to tell you what this group has meant to our family and the appreciation we have for them so I won't even attempt. But what I will say is that this group was our answer to prayer. This was where we found our niche. This was our extended family in Tupelo. We love you all and miss you already.

Me & my girls - Ginger, Nichole, Candice, Me, Christa, & Tiffany

They will probably all hunt me down at this apartment for posting this picture, but I had to because it just shows you the kind of fun we had all. the. time!!!
And all our boys - Christopher, Jim, Carter, Christian, Scotty, Andrew, Tanner, Jonathan & Eli

This is pretty much what we did every night as people got home from work. Go in, start dinner, come back and socialize!!

Eli & Tanner

Tanner was a chip thief that night. He kept running off and stealing everybody's chips and this is me trying to coax him back over to his plate!!
Daddy helping Tanner blow bubbles.






Jonathan chalkin' it up with all the kiddos!!
Kayleigh, Eli, Tanner & Christian

At the end of the cookout they gave us a little going away happy. They had taken a black and white photo of our house, had it framed and matted and they all signed the matte.

I ugly cried before it was all over. Thankfully, my face was buried in Nichole's shoulder so hopefully not many people saw!!!

1 comment:

K said...

What a special gift to receive! You were so blessed to have had such good neighbors!