Sunday, May 16, 2010

Life in the APT.

Movin' On Up....to our 2nd floor APARTMENT, that is!!!! As you all know, we sold our house and for our last couple of months in Tupelo we're renting an apartment here in town. Our complex is new, about 8 months old, and Scotty sweet-talked them into letting us rent a fully furnished corporate suite. And let me tell ya....when you see the pics below, you're gonna be soooo jealous of the furniture they got us!!!! Can you feel the sarcasm? But, hey, I'm not complaining!! We're very fortunate not to hafta move our stuff twice and you can do anything for 2 months!!
We scheduled our move in day a few days before we closed on our house so we wouldn't be rushed making the transition. At night I would load the car with what we would need at the apartment over the next few months and while Scotty was at work during the day I'd take it over. How did I do all this with Tanner? Since we were on the 2nd floor, I had to bring Tanner over to the apartment for lunch, get him to sleep and unload and put things away during his naptime!! I eventually lost count of how many trips I made up and down those stairs!!! All I know is I did that same routine for 3 whole days!!!! And all 3 days, Tanner would wake up from his nap crying and run to the door!!! He didn't like being in a strange place and didn't understand his time in "his house" was limited!!! It was the first time I had a what-have-we-done moment!!! But he finally adjusted!!! I think the pool may have helped with that one!! We're really enjoying ourselves here and we know it's just one step closer in getting home to Jackson!! (We have 6 weeks left in case you're wondering!!!!!) Here's our new place:

This is Tanner's favorite spot!! We come here almost every single day!!

This is our kitchen and the housewares you see in the picture are the only ones that were provided. Maybe a bachelor could get by with that, but not a family of 3!! Needless to say, we ended up having to bring a lot of kitchen supplies from home. But I'd rather use my stuff anyway!!

We left our washer and dryer at our old house (feels good to say that!!) so we were really thankful they had these available for us to use!!


We've got a really pretty view from our balcony. It's nice to look out over this while you drink that morning cup of coffee (that I cannot function without!!!)


He loves to play on the balcony and always asks to go "ow-sigh" (outside).

Reading - one of his favorite things to do!! Are you jealous of that chair?

And the bedroom....If you want me to find out where they got that colorful bedding I'll be happy to. Although they may wanna keep their design resources a secret!!!

Tanner getting all snuggled up and cozy on the couch!!


No comments: