Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Flag Football

When the weather starts getting prettier, it's not uncommon for some of the guys to get up a game of flag football. They play on the soccer fields at Ballard Park and it's a good chance for the wives to let the kids and/or dogs run like wild Indians and have a chat while the children (husbands included!!) run off their energy!!

Tanner running with the "foot-fall" (football)!!


They've got pretty good form, huh?!?!

Ok....funny story....
So Tanner thinks he's "one of the guys" and kept running out on the field. Each time, I was quick enough to grab him and bring him back to the sideline. Well, one time he darted out towards the players and just enough distance got between us that I couldn't get to him in time. He was headed for the players and they were headed for him!! In all of about 15 seconds, I started to jerk Tanner by his sweatshirt, my hand slips off, he falls on his back - feet straight in the air, and the players were in arm's length of us!!!! All I could do was scream, "Please Don't Hurt My BABY!!!" And just as I finished screaming, 3 guys lunged over Tanner. I quickly grabbed him up and checked him out!! I was ready to cry and he was ready for more!!! No fear!!


I finally distracted him with other things and he started stacking!!


Then it was time for a sip!!


Then a little R&R!!



A day of flag football = so much fun!!!


Tanner & Emily playing in the soccer goals!!


Too cute.

No comments: