Monday, April 5, 2010

My 7 Things

My friend, Angela tagged me on her blog to do this and I thought it would be fun!! What you're supposed to do is tell 7 things about yourself that are unique to you and then tag 7 other friends to do the same thing!! So here it goes:



1. I'm a stay-at-home mom. It's what I do!! Day in and day out and I love it!! Lot's of people tell me they couldn't handle staying at home with a little one all day long, but I wouldn't have it any other way. My husband is the only reason I get to do this so thank you, thank you, thank you for making a way for me to do my favorite thing!!

2. I watch way too much TV: Grey's, Private Practice (my fave), Little People Big World, The Big Bang Theory, The Office, Community, The View and that's not including my daily dose of Barney, Little Einsteins, Horton, Mickey Mouse and Pooh!!

3. I've started trying to read my Bible every day at breakfast. I turn on a show for Tanner and give him his plate and then I sit beside him and read and eat mine!! It works for now!!

4. I've really gotten interested in photography and Scotty said if I can prove to him that I have time for it, then we can start investing in it!! Yay!! I read a lot about photography and play around with my camera, but I have no idea what I'm doing so, eventually, I wanna get a better camera and take some classes!!

5. I'm always collecting recipes and rarely try them out!! Don't judge!! It's hard on Weight Watchers!!

6. I love to go on road trips!!! Anywhere!! The morning we leave...donut holes are a MUST!! Notice I said ROAD trips!! Confession: Haven't flown since Sept. 11 and now I just can't make myself get back on a plane!! Stupid, I know!! I've gotta get over it!!

7. My least favorite chore is changing sheets on the bed!!! Ugh!! I hate it!! But for some reason I really don't mind making the bed everyday!! I can handle that...it makes me feel accomplished!!

So... those are my 7 things!! And the people I'm gonna tag are......(drumroll please!!!):

1. BFF Kellie Mathis!!

2. Heather Davis - My sister-in-law who has a blog, but hasn't updated it in FOREVER and needs to now that she's got a new addition!!

3. Haley Windham - My hilarious cousin!!

4. Angela Dunnam - High school friend and mom of a new baby girl!!

5. Katie Jane Goode - My fashionista friend in Nashville whose got 2 super cute kiddos!!

And I'll use my last 2 as a desperate attempt to nudge these girls into starting a blog!! You have to!!!! Just go ahead and give in!! Not all peer pressure is bad!!!!

6. BFF Jamie Hopper!!!! Just do it!!

7. Kristen Chapman About-To-Be-Davis!! My almost sister in law (in 4 days!!) You'll love it like Facebook!!! And you have really funny stories that should just be told!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so pumped you picked me to be tagged for your blog! It makes me feel so special!
love ya sista girl!

Angela said...

LOVED it, Val! I would love to be able to stay at home and be a stay-at-home Mom! I think it's great! Hopefully we will be able to work it out for us down the road! I saw you do Weight Watchers! I have a TON of recipes (like 400) that my WW instructor gave me if you want me to email them to you...just let me know!

I took a photography class in college and LOVED it! Grant got me a Canon Rebel a few years ago, but now I want the digital version of that before our baby comes...I am saving up now!

LOVED your 7 Things!